With the serious prevalence of diseases around the world, the life of humans is at stake. Diseases like cancer, heart conditions, and orthopedic conditions are becoming more hazardous for the lives of humans.
Leukemia is also a disease that has adverse effects on a person’s overall health and can be extremely difficult to treat.
According to data from the year 2020, there were around 311,594 casualties around the world due to leukemia.
This type of cancer is complex to deal with. However, the treatment of leukemia has become conceivable in today’s time.
For multiple reasons, India is a popular choice for global patients for leukemia treatment.
The average leukemia treatment cost in India is Rs. 799200 for domestic patients and can start from USD 16200 for international patients.
If you want to know more about leukemia and its accessibility and treatment expenses in India, keep reading this blog till the end!
What Is Leukemia?
Leukemia is a type of blood cancer that affects an individual’s blood, lymphatic system, and bone marrow.
This is a complex cancer that can be difficult to deal with. There are various types of this disease, which can also be diagnosed in children.
Leukemia usually affects the white blood cells of the patient’s body.
How Does Leukemia Develop?
The exact cause of the emergence of leukemia is difficult to understand.
Some scientists believe that leukemia is a cancer that develops either because of genetic predisposition or environmental factors that a person faces.
In general, leukemia is said to emerge when blood cells go through mutations in the D.N.A. This mutation results in rapid growth and division of blood cells in the body. During this time, blood cell production is difficult to control, resulting in the body’s imbalance of cells.
This leads to fewer healthy white blood cells and red blood cells in the body, which facilitates symptoms of leukemia in the body.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leukemia?
Leukemia is often a rigid cancer and is difficult to treat because it cannot be detected easily and is sensitive.
The symptoms of this cancer can also cause many problems and can vary from person to person, depending upon the severity of the disease.
However, some normally detected symptoms of leukemia are:
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Frequent bruising
- Weight loss
- Easy bleeding
- Bone pain
- Constant nosebleeds
- Enlarged liver
- Severe infections
- Heavy sweating
If you experience any of these symptoms and they become regular, then it is best to consult a physician timely for better prevention and management of diseases.
What Is The Cost Of Leukemia Treatment In India?
The treatment for the majority of cancers is available widely in most countries but is often expensive and difficult to afford for many people.
Leukemia is also one of the cancers whose treatment is widely available worldwide but is often heavy on the pocket.
However, if you are looking for the appropriate location to avail the best quality care for leukemia under a small budget, India might be a suitable option.
This is because the average leukemia treatment cost in India starts from Rs. 799200 and can go up to Rs. 1065600 with various changes in the treatment facilities.
For international individuals seeking effective treatment in India, the expenses can range between USD 16200 to USD 19800.
This cost is significantly reasonable if compared to the high expenses of most Western countries like the U.S.A.
Hence, it can be concluded that the leukemia treatment cost in India is low and affordable!
Who Are The Best Hematologists For Leukemia Treatment In India?
When it comes to the treatment of leukemia, oncologists who specialize in the field of hematology effectively manage and treat the disease.
In India, numerous people specialize in the domain of haemato-oncology.
We have mentioned the names of some of India’s most reputed Hematology specialists for your leukemia treatment in this blog for your reference.
Dr. Sunil Udgire
- Having a vast knowledge of more than 10 years in the field of Pediatric Hematology, Dr. Sunil is one of India’s most distinguished doctors for leukemia treatment.
- He is based in Bangalore, India, and has extensive experience in conducting 1300 bone marrow transplants.
- Dr. Udgire is highly trained in performing medical procedures for diseases such as thalassemia, lymphomas, pediatric solid tumors like Wilms tumor, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, sickle cell anemia, hemophilia, pediatric hemato-lymphoid malignancies like leukemia hepatoblastoma, P.N.E.T., osteosarcoma, etc.
Prof. Dr. A. M. V. R. Narendra
- Dr. A.M.V.R. Narendra is a well-known Hematopathologist with a rich experience of more than 28 years in the field.
- He is based in the city of Hyderabad and is the first doctor to perform the first syngeneic stem cell transplantation in the year 2008, followed by allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
- He is an expert in conducting procedures such as transplantation for all types of blood disorders, including congenital, acute leukemia, bone marrow failure, thalassemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, blood disorders, etc.
Dr. Mahesh Rajashekaraiah
- Dr. Mahesh Rajashekaraiah is one of the best Hematologists based in Bangalore, India, with a rich knowledge of nearly 14 years in the field of hematology.
- He has won several state and national awards for his eminent skills and valuable contributions to the field.
- Some of his areas of interest include the evaluation & management of bleeding disorders, blood clots, management of leukemias and lymphoma, stem cell transplant, and anemia.
Dr. Nitin Sood
- With more than 16 years of experience in the domain of hematology, Dr. Nitin is a prominent Hematologist based in Gurugram, India.
- Dr. Sood has been acknowledged with numerous awards, including a bursary in 2011 by the U.K. Myeloma Forum American Society of Hematology and a First Prize by the British Society of Hematology in the year 2009.
- He specializes in areas such as haemato-oncology, hematology, hemostasis, and thrombosis.
Dr. Anil Handoo
- Dr. Anil Handoo is a renowned Pathologist with an eminent specialization in the field of Hematology.
- He has an experience of more than 10 years in the domain and is based in the capital city of New Delhi.
- Some of his interests include neoplastic flow cytometry, molecular hematology, H.L.A., and hemostasis.
- He is also an expert in various national and international committees for hematology & flow cytometry and is a technical assessor for N.A.B.L. in the fields of hematology, molecular hematology, and flow cytometry.
Leukemia is a type of cancer that occurs when there is a rapid growth of blood cells in the body of an individual. It mainly affects the patient’s lymphatic system and bone marrow and can affect a person’s health.
India is one of the most suited medical destinations around the world when it comes to the treatment of various ailments, including cardiac issues, cosmetic procedures, and even cancer treatments.
For leukemia treatment as well, India can be the best option for various factors.
This includes well-equipped hospitals, talented doctors, and comprehensive care. The leukemia treatment cost in India is also extremely affordable!
Hence, you can surely select India for your leukemia treatment!