Selling has never been an easy task, but today with so much competition in the market, and new consumer behaviors, doing so can be more complicated. To gain traction, brands must know how to attract customers. And currently, the best way to do this is by offering a good user experience. That is why UX writing was born.
UX writing is a strategy that seeks to offer a good digital experience to the customer through content.
It has the same approach as UX Design, but its work is more focused on writing. If you are thinking that you already have a copywriter, you must understand that they are not the same thing.
A copywriter is an expert in persuasive content and a UX writer is an expert in user experience.
What is UX writing?
UX writing consists of the correct choice of words that users see when they interact with content, whether in applications, web pages, or other digital marketing services or products.
The UX writer is the professional who writes those words based on patterns of behavior and effective communication.
Its objective is to create attractive texts with clear and useful instructions to keep the customer interested in the product or service without interruptions or confusion that make them leave the site or app.
Writing focused on user experience differs from advertising texts in that it aims to guide the user through an interface in an intuitive way.
For this reason, UX writers are professionals dedicated to creating the text that users find in menus, buttons, error messages, or quick guides, among others.
Top 5 UX writing benefits:
- Clarity and Understanding: UX writing helps to make complex interfaces and features more understandable. Clear and concise microcopy (short pieces of text) can guide users, helping them understand how to navigate, use, and interact with a product.
- Enhanced User Engagement: Well-crafted UX writing can engage users and encourage them to take desired actions. Whether it’s completing a sign-up form, making a purchase, or exploring additional features, a persuasive and user-friendly copy can influence user behavior. Thoughtful microcopy can also make interactions feel more personal and user-centric.
- Reduced Errors and Mistakes: UX writing can help prevent user errors by providing clear instructions, feedback, and error messages. When users make mistakes or encounter issues, helpful error messages can guide them toward resolution, reducing frustration and confusion.
- Consistency and Brand Voice: Consistency in messaging and tone is essential for building brand identity and trust. UX writing ensures that the language and tone used throughout a product or website align with the brand’s voice and guidelines.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: UX writing can contribute to making digital products more accessible and inclusive. When UX writers consider the needs of diverse users, including those with disabilities, they can create content that is easier to understand and navigate.
Today, most large companies work with UX writers. And they have understood that a minimal change in a text, even if it seems insignificant, can further increase conversions.
So, if you want to improve your position in the market, focus on improving the user experience through simpler content and more human language. Contact us at Digital Specialist if you need any further assistance.